Friday, September 21, 2007

Trying to Sleep...

So, I definitely should be sleeping. I want to be back in studio by about 9 or 10am to get to work. But in my restlessness, I stumbled across some very interesting projects through Hackaday, by Aparna Rao. There are a few very relevant / cool projects within her site. I especially appreciated her "Book of Answers" - a book embedded with circuits and a speaker to help her indecisive Mother, make decisions. Another is her "Pop 22" project. Basically, it is a project which transforms an old typewriter into a device capable of sending emails for Rao's technologically challenged Mother. Be sure to also check out her "Internet Manual" under the Ideas area. Check it out.

3 comments:

Marnie Gartrell said...

Evan... i looked at Aparna Rao's work last year. Did you see the project she did with the super long car phone--so that her rich uncle doesn't have have to get out of the car? I think her stuff is fascinating! Good luck.

Marnie Gartrell said...

http://www.conduitgallery.com/artist_galleries/quinn/2007/

check this out.

Evan Marnoch said...

Awesome. Thanks a lot Marnie.