Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dedale/Montreal Studio Trip

So I flew in to Montreal on Saturday, November 3rd. After a long taxi ride due to construction along St. Laurent as well as - as I would later learn - getting duped by my taxi driver for $48 when it should have been a flat rate of $35... I got to my friend John's place - an awesome little apartment on St. Laurent right above a really authentic Mexican food stand. I stayed with John for a couple days and got to catch up with him, Candace, Nathan and Todd - all whom I'd gone through undergrad with and are now attending McGill. Good times. John also took me for Schwartz's - Montreal smoked meat... it was delicious, sorry Patrick! Ha. Saturday and Sunday were really nice though. Walked a lot.. saw a lot of St. Laurent, St. Denis, McGill campus and walked St. Catherine as well... and ate good food. It was good that I got 2 nice days to explore a little as the rest of the week was to be one of the more intense work weeks of my academic career... and probably the whole studio's.


A shot of flying into Montreal.


This is a photograph of the Black Box at Concordia. It is part of Hexagram - an institute for research/creation in media arts and technologies. This was our workspace for the week in which we basically spent all day/night in. It was an amazing space. I'd also like to thank all the people at Hexagram for all of their hard work and help throughout the week. All of your expertise, and your willingness to share it, was amazing.

The Black Box was our blank canvas. We had no idea what to totally expect getting there. It really was a process of collaborating and making... a great experience.




No comments: